Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Make the Effort - "Big Jock's Victory" Demo (2012)

Today I will present you with a real straight edge gem freshly created in 2012: Make the Effort from Glasgow, Scotland.

I have to say right now that I immediately fell in love with the artwork as soon as I saw this. Fucking A right! That mr. potato guy with the Nikes... quality stuff! However I didn't expect to hear this dirty, awesome, underproduced straight edge hardcore, which makes Youth of Today's early albums sound polished. The vocals are rough, the production is shit, and I freakin' love it!!! If you know me, you know I like stuff like this exactly: straight edge music with a positive message and that loveable dirty sound!

You want mosh parts? Check. You want the half minute intro? Check. Want to press play again? You bet!


No comments:

Post a Comment